If you are all caught up on some of my other articles, you know that I think selecting the right stroller is all about finding your type. Well, for those of you that have come to the conclusion that your type is a double umbrella stroller you have come to the right place and honestly mad props to you. It took me until about number 4 to realize that just maybe I had it all wrong.
What I am about to say might just shock you a little bit, but I think umbrella strollers are actually a pretty solid option. Maybe they aren’t the sturdiest and they might not have the newest up to date accessories or additions, but do you know what they are? Convenient, Convenient & Convenient. Let me tell you, parents of multiples kiddos just need convenience sometimes. So, let’s take a look at the Best Double Umbrella Strollers
- 1 Best Double Umbrella Stroller 2021 – a look at the Top 8
- 2 The Checklist
- 3 The Best Double Umbrella Strollers
- 3.1 Chicco Echo Twin- Best Double Umbrella stroller for small children
- 3.2 Zoe XL2 Best v2 – Best Overall – But Pricey
- 3.3 Maclaren Twin Triumph Stroller – Great Lightweight double umbrella stroller
- 3.4 Joovy Twin Groove Ultralight– Best double stroller for a Newborn and toddler
- 3.5 UPPAbaby G-Link- Best Shade
- 3.6 Delta Children LX Double Umbrella- Best Bang for the Buck!
- 3.7 Kinderwagon Hop
- 3.8 Kolcraft Cloud Double
- 3.9 The Twin+ (Zoe XL2) – Best Double Stroller – Everyday Twin Stroller with Umbrella
- 3.10 – Most Comfortable for Kiddos & Mom
- 3.11 Frequently Asked Questions
Best Double Umbrella Stroller 2021 – a look at the Top 8
First off, I’m not trying to imply that you don’t need your nice big fancy double stroller, but you might be the kind of person who needs both. You are probably wondering why I am such a fan of the conveniences that umbrella strollers offer, so just hear me out. They are literally designed to be lightweight and break down in the most compact way possible.
This means they are easy peezy for one parent to whip out of the trunk of even the smallest sedans and accomplish whatever the day holds. And since I am a mighty 5′ 1″ having something lightweight is a pretty nice option.
Half of my life these days seems to be running errands and it’s way to big of a hassle to get anything bigger than an umbrella stroller out, just to be put back in after a run through Target. Another thing they do well? Travel! Our family loves to travel, but all little ones need a break for the go-go-go mindset that can come along with that.
Being able to bring a stroller along to let them rest in makes everyone a happy camper. I do not want to be carrying my toddler around and as much as I would like to think frequenting the gym makes me capable of toting her all over on adventures, these mama arms get tired. If you’ve got two kiddos from 1-5 years old, I say just go for it. Try out a double umbrella stroller. It’ll simplify your everyday life and your travels.
- Weight- The whole idea is to find the lightest possible stroller that your kids fit comfortably in and that you enjoy pushing.
- Folded Size- Again, this is for traveling and convenience so you want to find a double umbrella stroller that folds neatly and is compact.
- Unfolding & Folding- For a double umbrella stroller to be truly convenient, it has to do these things with ease. You want it to be easy and quick especially if your purpose in having one is for travel.
- Seats- There is tons of variance in seating in double umbrella strollers. Those with reclining seats and feet rests should be at the top of your list because they make naptime possible!
- Harness- What kind of harness you prefer is really a personal decision, just make sure it is something that will hold your little one in safely and comfortably. The safest option is always a five point harness. You may also want to check how easy they are to adjust and buckle/unbuckle.
- How it Pushes- Since umbrella strollers are so lightweight, they can be a little hard to maneuver. If you can run to a Buy Buy Baby or similar store to test some out with your kids sitting in them and see how it feels.
- Accessories- These may be limited, but you can still have a list of accessories you would really like to have in your stroller like canopies or storage space.
The Best Double Umbrella Strollers
Chicco Echo Twin- Best Double Umbrella stroller for small children
This is probably my favorite of the double umbrella strollers if your kids are pretty small. It’s pretty sturdy meaning it will last you through some great adventures and/or errands, but still has the compact feel that you want.
Although, it’s a little heavier but ergonomically easy to tote around with a handle, and at least you can count carrying it as your bonus workout. It’s made to fit just about perfectly through any door frame.
It has literally everything on the checklist from maneuverability to the 5 point harness, (plus a cupholder for your morning coffee) and that’s why a recommend it so highly.
I do say this stroller is great if your kids are pretty small as this stroller does struggle once your kids get over 30lbs on each side, mainly over cracks in the road. Check Prices Here!
For the price, this stroller is really high quality and will last you quite a while. The Zoe is one of the lightest weight and smallest folded double umbrella strollers. Despite it being super lightweight, it can still comfortably hold even your 4-year-olds, which is pretty incredible. The canopies are awesome and will provide ultimate shade for your babies and they recline really well for nap time. This is honestly a dream stroller for theme parks. As for accessories a snack tray, drink holder, and great storage, all come along with this umbrella stroller. Check Prices Here!
Maclaren Twin Triumph Stroller – Great Lightweight double umbrella stroller
Maclaren strollers are always the best umbrella strollers in my opinion. They have front wheels that can handle bumps and cracks in the road. This stroller has some very comfortable seats which recline.
Plus, the side by side stroller is only 21 lbs. and can hold a kid up to 110lbs. It’s pretty remarkable.
Joovy Twin Groove Ultralight– Best double stroller for a Newborn and toddler
While not many double umbrella strollers are a great option for newborns, Joovy got it right. They recline, individually, and turn into an almost bassinet like seat. It grows super well along with your kiddo, and can end up holding up to 50 lbs in each seat. This stroller has pretty much everything on the checklist, including a great canopy and amazing underneath storage. It has safety reflectors, so you can feel more comfortable enjoying late night strolls with your little ones!
There is both a 2020 model and a 2021 model out right now, depending on your budget both make a great choice. The biggest perk, this side by side stroller is only 24 lbs so you should be able to carry it anywhere.
The canopies are top-notch and block uv rays, they have a nice cup holder on the side. Plus, the stroller can stand on its own when you fold it up. This stroller is a great option if you’re kids are a little older as it can hold up to 50 lbs in each seat! Check Prices Here!
Delta Children LX Double Umbrella- Best Bang for the Buck!
My husband is a big fan of Bang for your buck and in that case this is the double umbrella stroller will get you. At just around $88, this super lightweight stroller is a favorite of many parents. The seats recline just enough to get comfy and there is a little bit of a canopy to shade your kiddo from the sun. It’s pretty easy to maneuver and compact. Hello grocery store aisle! Hello theme parks! Check Prices Here!
Too me, this one is a little funky, but some of you are probably big fans of the tandem stroller. Well, this double umbrella stroller is actually a tandem which is pretty rare. It has a lot of checklist items like reclining seats, super compact and easy folding mechanism, and a 5 point harness. Although the seats are a little small and the leg room squishy, so it’s best for smaller or younger kiddos. Bonus, you can fit one carseat in it if need be! Check Prices Here!
This is another really well priced stroller making it worth checking out. It’s especially great if you are making this purchase in addition to your other stroller. There’s two big cons here; there is no 5 point harness only 3 and there’s no storage basket. Besides those things, it has pretty much everything else going for it. The seats recline a bit, it’s easy to maneuver and transport, and the canopies are pretty large. Check Prices Here!
The Twin+ (Zoe XL2) – Best Double Stroller – Everyday Twin Stroller with Umbrella
– Most Comfortable for Kiddos & Mom
I love the sleek all-black look of the Twin + Zoe XL, but more than just looks it’s really easy to push with a middle handle for extra control and has super roomy seats for your babies. It can hold two newborn car seats, which is a pretty unique and useful feature. Its main downfall is that it’s not the lightest of umbrella strollers. Check Prices Here!
Overall, there are some incredible options out ther for double umbrella strollers. We will continue updating this article as more new models arrive.
You Might Also Enjoy:
The Best Triple Stroller- for triplets or three tots close in age
Find the BEST Double Jogging Stroller- Advice and Tips
Pin for Later – Best Double Umbrella Stroller – A look at the Top 8 for 2021!
Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend a strong side by side stroller when you have a toddler and a baby. City Mini is the best double stroller when it comes to having a toddler and baby.
Only if the manufacturer says so. A regular toddler seat, like most double umbrella strollers have, just doesn’t have the right angle or the right level of support to keep a newborn safe.